Sunday, March 8, 2015

MARCH CHALLENGES

Please forgive me for being so late with these.  Between a busy work week and discussing this year's scrapbook retreat, I totally forgot!   I hope you like this month's challenges!

CHALLENGE #1 - Choose a vertical or horizontal line for your layout.  If you feel like you have lots of time (or pictures) you could choose a second line and do a double layout.




Anita chose a horizontal line of: arrow, enamel dots, file folder and three photos:

 



Carrie chose the horizontal line of: arrow, enamel dots, free space, file folder and three photos.




Marion chose the horizontal line with stick pin, one photo, tag, graph paper and treat bag:





Marlene chose the horizontal line with Polka Dot paper, Polaroid pictures, Wood Veneers, Sequins and Stickers:







CHALLENGE #2 - do you have any left over Valentine pictures to do?  Or, wedding pictures?
 

Anita:




Carrie:



Marlene:



CHALLENGE #3 - Mood Board.  You can choose colours, mood, pattern or theme from this one.  There seem to be several themes going here - spring, romance, things that make you happy, or calm and relaxed.  Bottom left corner even suggests a heritage page or use of antiques.





Anita:  The bottom vintage portion of the mood board inspired me to use a heritage photo.  The romantic feel of this mood board worked well with a wedding photo.  The tiny flowers on my background were a bit too bright so I painted it first with gesso and that gave me a lighter background to use the postal stamps in the top left and bottom right.  And I couldn't resist adding a bit of lace, the butterfly and heart-shaped envelope.



 
Marlene:  I chose this delicate background paper for the flowers, birds and music shown in the mood board.  I saw a book in the Mood board, so tried to focus on books. For the poem in the mood board I quoted a line from Darlene's Mom, that she signed in my guest book. In the bottom photo Darlene is signing my Guest book.





CHALLENGE #4
 


Anita:




Marlene:



CHALLENGE #5:  another challenge borrowed from Scrap our Stash.


Anita used W= washi tape; A= arrows; S= stencilled clock; H= heart doily and I= inked stamp.  These are pictures of co-workers the day we moved into our new building.


 Marlene:  W=Waterfalls; A=Arrow; S=Scallop edging on matting, stickers, stones; H=Hummingbird stickers; I=Index cards.






 


No comments: